The Truth about Satan in the Story of Creation
From Ahmed Al-Hassan Wiki
Muslims - just as Christians - just as Jews - always thought to know the Story of Creation pretty well, but the teachings of Prophet Mani, who is the long lost link between Christianity and Islam - provide another view on things...
And this other take on things does in fact answer the deepest questions of religious reasoning e.g....
"If there is God, then why is the world so bad?" - and the answer to why Satan refused to bow to Adam.
This rediscovered perspective also explains to us who Satan really is,
and why we feel that - even though we fight to be good and full of light - the gravitational pull of this world along with its bodily desires and mental vices is a firm cage that is really hard to escape?
Imam Ahmed Al-Hassan points us to the truth that God had revealed through Prophet Mani - that the material world including the bodies - was created by Satan.
But Satan did so with the permission of God, utilizing the light of God. Satan did not start out malicious, rather he was an angel. When God breathed his spirit into Adam, Satan refused to bow to Adam - who had become the first vicegerent of God on earth. But Satan filled his heart with malice and jealousy over this world, which he considered to be his own creation. And he proclaimed freedom to be his religion - while what he really meant is freedom to reject God out of pride and ignorance.
Just as Adam and Eve also Satan and his children were sent to the world in human form. This event kickstarted the war between good and evil here on earth. The children of Adam and the children of Satan inevitably mixed with each other.
The good thing is that this world is not real. The body, the world, and the material creation is darkness. Our consciousness trapped in an illusion while our soul resides somewhere else. In fact there are 2 separate worlds, One world of perfect light, which emanates souls in the likeness of perfection. And another world - one, in which, souls are imprisoned in imperfect bodies and cannot remember their origin in the world of light. The journey towards one’s purpose begins with this realisation.
Until this very day man tries to recover the light that was lost during this initial encounter with the darkness of the earth. And that is the purpose of life. Those who have souls, must try to awaken them, to remember, to recapture the light. The light of the soul, must overpower the darkness of the body or the ego...
- 1 The Returned - Season 1- Episode 10: Iblis Father of Creation
- 2 The Returned - Season one - Episode 11 "Deal with the Devil"
- 3 The Returned - Season one - Episode 12 "The World of Light and the Prince of Darkness"
- 4 The Returned - Season one - Episode 13 "Synchronicity - The Language of God"
- 5 The Returned - Season one - Episode 14 "Without Love There Would Be No Life"
- 6 The Returned - Season one - Episode 15 "Iblis in the Flesh"
- 7 The Returned - Season one - Episode 18 "Satan and the Secret Gospels"
- 8 The Returned - Season one - Episode 19 "The Soldiers of Ignorance"
The Returned - Season 1- Episode 10: Iblis Father of Creation
This episode states about Prophet Mani:
- When Mani was just 12 years old, he had his first revelation. It is said that an angel appeared before him and told him to leave the his religious past, live chastely, and to proclaim himself to the people after the passage of 12 years’ time. When Mani turned 24 he received a second divine revelation. He proclaimed himself on Sunday, 20 March, A.D. 242, saying to the people: “As once Buddha came to India, Zoroaster to Persia, and Jesus to the lands of the West, so came in the present time, this prophecy through me, the Mani, to the land of Babylonia.” Mani
spoke as the ‘Apostle of the true God.’ Mani was inspired to travel and spread his Messianic vision throughout the world. He travelled far and wide to foreign lands including Turkistan, India and Iran spreading a new religion.
- Mani was a prophet of God and like all of the prophets and messengers before him, he denounced evil and called people to fight for good. But
Mani revealed truths to the public which had never been revealed before. With every prophet and messenger there are certain divine secrets which are reserved only for the best of believers. But Mani revealed them openly to the public and as a result, history has branded him a heretic.
And the episode goes on to explain the true history of creation:
- Have you ever asked yourself: “If God is good, why is the world so bad?” This question poses, perhaps, the greatest dilemma to all people who believe in a God.
- In this world, it seems that good is no match for evil. Against the power and aggression of evil, goodness stands no chance. And when you look at the state of the world today, this fact is apparent. In this world, evil is king.
- Nearly every established religion in the world teaches that the material world is a place of suffering - a testing ground which one must pass through successfully in order to reach paradise.
- We all know the famous words of Jesus (pbuh) recorded in one of the most famous verses of the new testament, “You have heard it was said, ’Eye for eye, tooth for tooth. But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.” Time and time again, throughout the scriptures, God’s prophets and messengers preach and practice pacifism. And often times, the path of peace leads them straight to their own demise.
- Prophet Muhammad (pbuhahf) said: “Verily, Allah Almighty has not created a creation more hated to him than the world, and He has not looked at it since He created it.”
- Mani sought to answer the age old question, “if God is good, why is the world filled with evil?” In Judeo- Christian tradition, this struggle dates back to the first two humans - Adam and Eve. But according to Mani, this cosmic struggle predates creation entirely.
- Mani taught that in the beginning, two forces - light and darkness - existed in a state of equilibrium with the Realm of Light in the north reigned by the Father of Greatness and the Realm of Darkness in the south reigned by the Devil.
- Mani taught that the Father of Greatness, in the realm of light, commanded 5 divine powers, which are intelligence, knowledge, thought, reflection and conscience. Likewise the devil commanded 5 powers of chaos - smoke, fire, wind, water, and darkness.
- The powers of darkness often fought with one another. One day, as these powers were struggling with one another, they looked over and saw off in the distance, a beautiful light. “What is that?” They wondered. All of the darkness looked at this light and said: “I want that...” So Satan, by the powers of darkness, decided to capture the light and to devour it.
- The Father of Greatness is, without a doubt, better than the Devil. However, by his very nature, his ways are no match for the powers of darkness.
- When the devil decided to attack the realm of light, the Father of Greatness devised a plan. He decided to go himself. For this purpose, he began a series of emanations. First he created the Mother of Life, who in turn gives birth to what is known as First Man. Not a physical one but a spiritual one. First Man then emanates 5 sons, which can be understood as spiritual powers - the gentle breeze, the clear crisp wind, the shining light, the cool water and the bright fire. All of these elements come within first man and they create the living soul. Armed with these 5 elements, the First Man prepared for battle. But, as the darkness imitates the light, the Devil also shielded himself with 5 sons, the elements of smoke, burning, darkness, hot wind, and cloud. When the two forces meet, First Man is immediately consumed by the powers of darkness on the earth and swallowed into the deepest pit. Some of his light is captured by the darkness and this is the beginning of the great mixing between the two forces. It may have seemed, in that moment, that evil triumphed over good. But it is not that simple. In fact, everything went exactly according to plan. The Father of Greatness, had intentionally sent the First Man and his sons as bait for the darkness. Just as a man might mix poison in a cake and give to an enemy, the light would be mixed with the darkness and ultimately, darkness would be defeated. This event marked the beginning of the long and painful imprisonment of light in matter and the reason for all of the events that followed.
- When the first man came to, he called up to his Father seven times, who then sent forces to rescue him from the darkness. Finally, the First Man returned to his homeland, the first martyr and the first being to return from the world of darkness. But the whole event was not without consequence. Just as we acquire scars from any battle or difficult experience, some of the First Man’s light was lost to the darkness.
- Until this very day man tries to recover the light that was lost during this initial encounter with the darkness of the earth. And that is the purpose of life.
- After the First Man was rescued from the pits of darkness the devil knew he needed to make a move in in this battle in order to protect his kingdom of darkness. So the devil also made a man... and he called that man... Adam. That's why the Devil is depicted as Baphomet - a goat headed hermaphroditic entity. GOAT is an acronym for “God of All Things,” the key word being things. For he created all material things. Baphomet also is an Old French variation of Mahomet - a reference to him being the Anti-Mohamed. And Baphomet is hidden all over the place, glorified in media and entertainment. He demonstrates that this world we are living in is his domain.
- But Satan did not start out on the side of evil. In fact, according to scripture, at one point Satan was one of the highest ranking worshippers of God. Although he is not an angel, Satan once lived amongst the angels in paradise. He he resembled them and performed their deeds. And because God rewards a lot for a little, Satan quickly ascended through the ranks. His devotion and beauty earned him the nickname, “the peacock angel.” Today he is more widely known as the fallen angel due to his fall from grace, a nickname which stems from his former rank. And Satan, as a contemporary of the Angels in heaven, also received a name - Azazeel, which means “the dear one of God.”
- Another of Satans titles was “Aba Lees,” which means “father of creation.” Over time, this title evolved into what we now know as “Iblees.” Satan comes from the Arabic word “Shaytan,” whose etymology reveals the truth about humanity. “Shaytan” can be broken down to mean “from clay.” It is no secret that human beings were originally fashioned from clay. Clay is a material substance which comes from the earth itself, thus human bodies have a fundamental attachment to the earth and to he who created it.
- While his material body was, indeed, the creation of Iblis, God breathed His spirit into Adam (pbuh)- Adam’s soul, a ray of God’s light. As such Adam became the first caliph in a human form. That's why God instructed the angels, “So, when I have... breathed into him of My Spirit, do ye fall down, prostrating yourselves unto him.” (Holy Quran 15:29) But Iblees missed that point and said: “Never would I prostrate to a human whom You created out of clay from an altered black mud.” When originally, it read, “Never would I prostrate to a human whom I created out of clay from an altered black mud.” (Holy Quran 15:33) This sentence was wrongly passed down as "you created".
- Understanding the difference between body and soul is very important - not only the body but also the ego (or ego) can be thought of as the outer man - man’s animal nature, comprised of bodily functions and egoistic desires. The ego is tied to the material world, and is therefore restricted by the temporary quality of all creation. We have two sides, constantly at war with one another over control - the ego and the soul, the darkness and the light. The cosmic battle is alive within each of us. In fact, the battle is us, it is our bodies, which are prisons of material desires, designed by the devil himself. The Christian bible states: “The mind governed by the flesh is hostile to God; it does not submit to God’s law, nor can it do so.” (Romans 8:7)
- In the beginning of creation, Satan planned to use the nature of the physical body to his advantage. Scriptures state that Eve was created from Adam’s rib. So Satan formed her body out of the same clay. Adam and Eve went forth and multiplied as did their offspring and so on. Pretty soon the world was populated with bodies, all fashioned from the dark mud of the devil’s earth. And today he dwells within each and every body. And the body - along with all of its desires, and urges is shaytan. So the Devil has authority over the bodies - even the the faithful’s bodies- but not over their faith.
- Ahlul Bayt (pbut) have alerted us as to the truth long ago. Over 1,000 years ago, Prophet Muhammed (pbuhahf) said: “my Shaytan has submitted to me.” People, in his time, and ever since then have envisioned the shaytan as a little invisible entity, which chases after a person. For centuries we have imagined the Shaytan all around us, when in fact, the Shaytan is within us. Imam Ali (pbuh) said “the devil of every person is their own nafs.”
- Jesus (pbuh) once asked, “What good will it be for someone to gain the whole world, yet forfeit their soul?” (Matthew 16:26) Have you ever really pondered this question and asked, “How does a person lose their soul?” This is the tragic result of what happens when the ego overpowers the soul, and enmity against God takes over.
- The book of Luke describes the events on the night of the Last Supper when Jedas betrayed Jesus (pbuh). “Then Satan entered Judas, called Iscariot, one of the Twelve. And Judas went to the chief priests and the officers of the temple guard and discussed with them how he might betray Jesus.” But this verse was mistranslated because Satan did not enter Judas. He was there all along. What left Judas was the light of God - his soul. And once the light of the almighty God was no longer there, he carried out the will of the devil.
- One of the worst tyrants in history ruled the Islamic empire during the time of Imam Al Hussain (pbuh) - Yazid Ibn Muawiyah (may God Curse him). And Yazid is venerated to this day by a group of people who practice a secret religion, one in which “god” is not the God you have always been praying to. In Iraq today, a tiny minority - about 400,000 or 500,000 people - call themselves “Yazidis” after their great hero Yazid. But their religion dates back much farther than the tyrant king. They claim it predates creation. Yazidis consider themselves to be the chosen people of Melek Taus, the “Peacock Angel”, who they also know as Shaytan, or Satan. The parallels between the Peacock Angel and the Satan we’re more familiar with can be baffling . Melek Taus is God’s most important angel, his commander-in-chief in this world, which was also his original role in the Abrahamic traditions. He is also a fallen angel who rebelled against God and was subsequently cast into Hell; but in the Yazidi cosmology, after 40,000 years, his tears quenched Hell’s flames and God forgave and reinstated him. One of Melek Taus’ symbols is fire, and he can illuminate as well as burn. He’s responsible for granting mankind knowledge and free will and in an intriguing twist on the familiar Garden of Eden story, he rescues humanity: According to their scripture, “[God] commanded Gabriel to escort Adam into Paradise, and to tell him that he could eat from all the trees, but not of wheat. Here Adam remained for a hundred years ... Melek Taus visited Adam and said, ‘Have you eaten of the grain?’ He answered, ‘No, God forbade me.’ Melek Taus replied and said, ‘Eat of the grain and all shall go better with thee.’” And in this way, they believe the peacock angel is the savior who freed them. They pray to him 5 times a day and circulate bronze or iron peacock effigies from town to town. To the Yazidis he is “god of this world”.
- But like he, who they worship, they are forgetting the big picture. Did Satan create the world? Yes. But he did so by the light of God. Imam Muhammed al Baqir (pbuhahf) was once asked how God created the universe. His reply began with these words: “The creation of these realms is hard to fathom. Not everyone knows the way to knowledge and its secret’s well concealed... In the beginning there was God, only eternal God and nothing else...”. From there, sprang the light. “The high king lent Azazi’il light, and using this light he shaped his creations...” But Azazil’s arrogance prevented him from the truth. He could not accept his creation ultimately came from the light of God - the almighty God, without which there is no power nor might. The light of God shone brightly long before this world was created. It has always been present on this earth and the light of God is still present in this world today. The rays of light, which emanate from God, are the Ahlul Bayt (pbut) and they are the crux of our existence. Abu Hamzah said, “I asked Imam Sadiq (pbuh), ‘Will the earth be void of Imams?’ Imam Sadiq (pbuh) answered, ‘No. If the earth gets void of Imams, it will collapse.’” (Al-Ghaybah, Al-Nu’mani, p. 69)
- And the eternal struggle between light and darkness is about to be flipped on its head. Prophet Muhammed (pbuhahf) once said: "They followed the wrong paths and went to the right and left, abandoning their guiding traditions... O people, this is the time when all promises will come true, when the coming of one unknown to you is close at hand. Note that he who has emerged from among you will overtake them with a bright light in this most difficult time..." (Bihar al-Anwar, Vol. 51, p. 186).
The Returned - Season one - Episode 11 "Deal with the Devil"
This episode states:
- The Yazidis, an ancient ethnic and religious minority who live primarily in Northern Iraq, claim to be the devil’s oldest followers.
- The Yazidis believe that the devil, and no-one else, sustains them. He is the one who fulfils their needs and desires: “I am the king that magnifies himself, And all the riches of creation are at my bidding. I have made known unto you, o people, some of my ways.” So Sayeth Satan, Qu'ret al-Yezid; Revelation of Melek Ta'us
In the Yazidi Book of Revelation, the peacock angel states: “The beasts of the earth, the birds of heaven, and the fish of the sea are all under the control of my hands. All treasures and hidden things are known to me; and as I desire, I take them from one and bestow them upon another. I reveal my wonders to those who seek them, and, in due time my miracles to those who receive them from me...” - So Sayeth Satan, The Book of Revelation, Chapter 3
In the Christian bible, the apostle Paul plainly states: “Satan, who is the god of this world, has blinded the minds of those who don’t believe...” 2 Corinthians 4:4.
- If you want to be on top of the world in positions of wealth and power, you have to be willing to make a deal with the devil. Jesus (pbuh) once posed the question: “For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?” Maybe it sounds crazy that a man would sell his eternal soul in exchange for fame and fortune and then go out and confess this transaction to the public. But many stars are openly stating, to the public, exactly who they serve.
“To me truth and falsehood are known. When temptation comes, I give my covenant to him that trusts in me.” - So Sayeth Satan, The Book of Revelation, Chapter 1
- And according to scripture, he offered Jesus (pbuh) the greatest bargain of all: The devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendour. “All this I will give you,” he said, “if you will bow down and worship me.” Jesus said to him, “Away from me, Satan! For it is written: ‘Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only.’” Then the devil left him, and angels came and attended him.” (Matthew 4:1-11)
- Jesus (pbuh) knew, what many others fail to recognise - this world is the illusory creation of the devil. And it, like its creator, are not to be trusted. He warned: “Woe to the companion of the world! How he dies and leaves it and how he relies on it and it deceives him, and how he trusts it and it forsakes him! Woe unto those who are deceived!” (Bihar al-anwar, xiv, 328)
- “I place my affairs in the hands of those whom I have tried and who are in accord with my desires.” Which means, the powerful and influential people in this world are undoubtedly his loyal servants.
- If you look closely at the world around you, you will begin to notice the signs, including the barrage of images which show Hollywood icons, pop music stars, and politicians all proudly displaying the devil’s trademark one-eyed salute. The one eye symbol, also known as the all-seeing eye, has been been a part of our visual culture for hundreds of years. It appears in numerous settings, both secular and religious. We are so accustomed to seeing it that few people stop to consider the symbolism behind it. The singular eye is often depicted within other elements, most commonly a triangle or a burst of light. The light, which surrounds the eye represents illumination and the eye, itself, signifies the one who sees all.
The most famous use of this symbol appears on the Great Seal of the United States, which is featured on the back of the $1 bill. Prophet Muhammed (pbuhahf) warned against the appearance, in the end times, of the Antichrist Dajjal, who he characterised as a one eyed liar. And Al-Dajjal, who prominently displays the all seeing eye on its currency, is the United States of America.
- We can never really part with the devil because he is within us and the devils are all around us. Shaytan lives within each and every body. Perhaps, now, it is easier to understand why the prophet and messengers all stressed the importance of fighting the physical body and its desires. Religious practices, like prayer and fasting, work to weaken the body in order for the soul to shine. Once, God the almighty explained this to prophet David (pbuh). He said “oh David. Verily I have put 5 in 5. And the people seek them in another 5 so they do not find it. I put knowledge in hunger and effort and they ask for it in satiation and comfort so they do not find it” ” Bihar al Anwar Vol 75, pg. 453. It is said that Prophet Muhammed (pbuhahf) fought his shaytan by always doing the opposite of what his body desired. When he was tired, he would stand for extra prayers. And when he was hungry, he would fast. He fought his urges so much that he conquered his ego, the shaytan within, and it submitted to the will of God.
- Interestingly, the Yazidi faith encourages the exact opposite of this practice. In the Yazidi Book of Revelation, Satan stresses the importance of following one’s desires. He states: “I allow everyone to follow the dictates of his own nature...” To sum it up in one word, the religion of Satan is freedom. In fact, free will is the cardinal rule of his world. Everyone is free to believe what they want and to do what they want. Perhaps you have heard the phrase, “Do as thou will shall be the whole of the law.” This is the philosophy of Satan. Just as he refused to submit to Adam, he urges his creation to do the same. From his point of view, it defies logic for us to submit to a lesser creation than himself. After all, he created Adam. And Adam offers a religion of restriction, of fighting against the body and depriving oneself. Satan, on the other hand, offers freedom, satiation, and fulfilment of every worldly desire.
- According the Yazidi Scripture, religions like Christianity and Islam have distorted the truth. And Satan says that the gods of the Bible and the Quran are false. “All habitations and desert spaces are indeed of my own creation, set forth, All fully within my strength, not that of the false gods; Wherefore I am he that men come with their rightful worship, Not the false gods of their books, wrongly written...” - So Sayeth Satan, Qu’ret al-Yezid; Revelation of Melek Ta’us.
- But distinct similarities exist between the Yazidi belief system and the true Islam. As we have revealed, God almighty is the source of light. From his pure light, sprang emanations, rays of light which formed the souls. Yazidi tradition teaches the same concept, but with a twist. In the Yazidi Cosmology, the supreme God emanated seven great angels. The first and leader of these angels is Melek Taus, the peacock angel. Another of these great angels is Melek Miel, and the scripture states that he is Abu Bakr. Curiously, this is not the only place where Yazidi scripture praises a known enemy of the Ahlul Bayt. Yazidis believe in a manifestation of their God on the earth and that Yazid was, in fact, this figure. Yazid Ibn Muawiyah instigated one of the most pivotal battles between good and evil to ever take place on this earth. In the desert of Karbala, Yazid’s powerful army mercilessly slaughtered Imam Al-Hussein and his 72 companions. The Yazidis consider this a great victory on behalf of their cause. On that day, darkness overtook the light.
- The battle between good and evil on this planet wages on until this day. Darkness fights on behalf of the devil and light fights on behalf of God. But it doesn’t work exactly as you might have imagined because the almighty God is not directly involved in the affairs of this world. Prophet Muhammad (pbuhahf) confirmed this when he said: “Verily, Allah Almighty has not created a creation more hated to him than the world, and He has not looked at it since He created it.” God, himself, is above this war. But God, by his light, created the Ahlul Bayt (pbut) and they are his presence in this world. And they fight in this war on his behalf.
- The struggle between these two forces is very much alive and it may shock you to learn that good and evil share the same knowledge. In its essence, knowledge is neither good nor bad. It is simply a tool. The knowledge of Iblis is vast. In fact, if it were not for a few of the divine secrets, which were withheld from him, evil would have already defeated good.
- Iblis is sometimes called by another name, Azazeel, which means “the dear one of God” and he is a living example of God’s mercy. Iblis started out at the very bottom and managed to work hisway to the top.
- When God created the souls from his light, each ray of light branched off to form a lineage, like a family tree. Each emanation contained slightly less light than its ancestors. The closest emanations to God are the Ahlul Bayt (pbut). They created the righteous souls. Further down the tree are the hypocrites, and the hypocrites created Iblis, who’s soul landed all the way at the very bottom of this tree. But that didn’t stop Iblis from raising his station. God is just, and all souls are given an equal chance to elevate. Due to his sincerity and worship, Iblis ascended in rank until nobody knew God’s might and ability better than him. The one who climbs the highest, has the longest distance to fall. And Iblis fell hard from his former glory. But, surprisingly, he is not the worst of creation. The Holy Quran states: “Verily, the hypocrites will be in the lowest depth (grade) of the Fire; no helper will you find for them (Holy Quran 4:145). Iblis is many things but a hypocrite, he is not. He was always honest with God. God does not forgive the hypocrite, however, if Iblis repented today, God would forgive him. But Iblis will not repent. And his end is known.
- Just as Jesus (pbuh) will face and defeat, the antichrist, Satan will also face his nemesis - Mohammed (pbuhahf). Imam Al Sadiq (pbuh) said in a long narration: “At that time the almighty will descend in the shade of the clouds and the angels and he will take care of the matter of the messenger of Allah (pbuhahf) he has a spear of light and if Iblis looks at him he will turn and run away (the companions of iblis) and they say to him “where are you running to when you have won?” Verily I see what you do not see. I am afraid from Allah, lord of the worlds. So the prophet (pbuhahf) stabs him between his shoulder blades and that is his destruction and the destruction of his Shia. And at that point Allah the almighty is worshipped without a partner” (Mukhtassar Basaar Al Daraget, Hussein Bin Suleiman alhily pg 27)
- The devil’s fate is sealed but his death will not mark the end of evil in this world. Something even more sinister is bound to succeed him. Beware the rise of the hypocrites.
The Returned - Season one - Episode 12 "The World of Light and the Prince of Darkness"
This episode states:
- “In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.” (Genesis 1) "Allah created the heavens and the earth, and all that is between them, in six days" (Holy Quran 7:54). Who created this world? If you read the words of the Torah, the Bible, and the Holy Quran you would likely state, without a doubt, that it was God. And yet, we have revealed that this world is actually the creation of the devil. How do we begin to make sense of this apparent conflict? Indeed the scriptures declare that, “Allah created” and “Allah is the creator of all things.” But perhaps you overlooked the multitude of verses throughout the Quran, which state, “we create” and “we have created him.
- God, the Almighty is the source of light and his existence precedes all else. Imam Muhammed Al Baqir (pbuh) said: “In the beginning there was god, only eternal God and nothing else...” God created light and by his light, the rest of rest of creation followed. Darkness makes us understand light - but without light darkness would not be.
- “The high king lent Azazi’il light, and using this light he shaped his creations...” This narration makes it clear that, without God, creation is not possible.
- Like he, who created man, Jesus had the ability to fashion a creature from a lump of clay and bring it to life by the power of God-given knowledge. In the Quran it says and when you designed from clay [what was] like the form of a bird with My permission, then you breathed into it, and it became a bird with My permission...” (Holy Quran 5:110) 'It is important to note the word “permission” in this verse because nothing can be created without it.
- Knowledge is neither inherently good or bad, it is a neutral. It can be used for good or it can be used for evil. It simply depends on the intention of the beholder. And the forces of good and the forces of evil possess the same knowledge because it all goes back to a single source. There was a time when Iblis and Jesus were not so different. They both obeyed God, they worshipped God and they were rewarded with the same knowledge for their servitude. God is the most generous. He gives a lot for a little, and He gave Iblis the knowledge of how to create.
- Iblis or “Aba Lees” is the father of creation, who fashioned the material world. He is the direct creator. But don’t forget that God created the act of creating in the first place. Without God, there would be no creation and no knowledge, with which to create.
- Without God, Iblis would have never been able to create anything. He was only able to do so by God’s knowledge. Perhaps now it is easier to understand why our Holy Books do not give credit where credit is not due. Iblis would love commendation for his role in the creation, but there is only one creator, who is worthy of praise. The Holy Quran states: “Say, "Who is Lord of the heavens and earth?" Say, "Allah." Say, "Have you then taken besides Him allies not possessing [even] for themselves any benefit or any harm?" Say, "Is the blind equivalent to the seeing? Or is darkness equivalent to light? Or have they attributed to Allah partners who created like His creation so that the creation [of each] seemed similar to them?" Say, "Allah is the Creator of all things, and He is the One, the Prevailing.” (Holy Quran 13:16)
- Doesn't the Quran state that it is impossible that anyone else than God creates? It is written in Surah Al-Hajj: “O people, an example is presented, so listen to it. Indeed, those you invoke besides Allah will never create [as much as] a fly, even if they gathered together for that purpose...” (Holy Quran 22:73)
How can this be? How can this verse possible jibe with the story of Jesus (pbuh), which also appears in the Quran? In order to understand this, we must examine the culture of pre-islamic Arabia. It may seem incomprehensible today, but in the ancient world people were incessantly drawn to idol worship. In the largely polytheistic society, people routinely fashioned objects from wood, metal, and other materials and then bowed down to them in worship. For this reason, idol worship is explicitly forbidden in the Torah, the Bible, and the Quran. For example, the book of Leviticus warns, “Ye shall make you no idols nor graven image, neither rear you up a standing image, neither shall ye set up any image of stone in your land, to bow down unto it: for I am the Lord your God.” Leviticus 26:1
The “fly challenge,” which appears in the Quran is not directed at the people but rather at the idols of the polytheists. The key difference is consciousness. Lifeless material objects are clearly in a different category than conscious creatures such as human beings and jinn. Obviously an object with no soul and no knowledge cannot create anything. And more importantly, the verse states, “those you invoke besides Allah will never create [as much as] a fly,” and, as we have clarified, those who created, did so with God’s permission.
- The Holy Quran makes it clear that, while God is not the only one who creates, he is the very best of those who create. “Verily, We have created the human from a quintessence of clay; then We placed him as a drop in a fixed resting place. We then made the drop into a clot and that into a fetus. We then made bones and clothed the bones with flesh and from that brought forth another creation. Therefore, blessed is God, the very Best of those who create.” (Holy Quran 23:12−14)
- God, the almighty, directly created only one world - the world of light, the perfect world, which has in it no death, no pain, no anger, no sadness, and no envy. The world of light is free from anything mortal or finite. But if you take one look around you, you will see that this world is filled with these qualities. They belong to this finite world, which Iblis created. God is infinite and God is good and He only creates good. Paradise resides in the world of light, along with the souls, and the light bodies, in which the souls reside.
- God created a light, which broke itself down into five pieces and these five rays of light are Fatima, Ali, Hassan, Hussain, and Muhammed - Ahlul Kisa. Many verses and narrations allude to their origin in the world of light. According to narration, the light of the Holy Prophet was created many thousands of years before the creation of the universe.
Prophet Muhammed (pbuhahf) said: “The Almighty Allah created me, Ali, Fatima, Hassan and Hussain before the creation of Adam. When neither the sky was constructed nor the earth spread. There was neither darkness nor light, neither the Sun nor Moon, neither Paradise nor Hell.” Abbas asked: “Thus how was the beginning of your creation, O Messenger of Allah (S)?” He (the Prophet) replied: “O my uncle, when the Almighty Allah intended to create us, He created a Noor from a word. Then with another word He created a soul. Then he joined the soul to the Noor; at that time He created me, Ali, Fatima, Hassan and Hussain. And we glorified His praise at the time when there was no glorification and we hallowed Him when there was no hallowing...” Biharul Anwar; Vol. 15, Pg. 10
These five rays of God’s perfect light emanated and created other souls, who branched off and created others and eventually formed the soul family tree.
- Even though Satan as the creator of Adam knew his nature, but he failed to understand that God had placed in Adam a soul, which was created in the image of His light. And as Imam Ahmed Al-Hassan had revealed, in the soul world Adam is the soul son of Ali, who is the direct creation from God’s light.
- The Quran says, “Verily Satan is an enemy to you, so treat him as an enemy.” (Holy Quran 35:6) One of the body’s most powerful weapons is its ability to trick us into thinking that this world is the whole of reality. The body, which we experience with each of our 5 senses, feels so real and so finite. It keeps the illusion of this world alive. It keeps us trapped here, focused on matters of the material. Maybe it feels as if our body is our true self. This is a metaphor for all that is true and false.
- Imam Ahmed Al Hassan (pbuh) said that all falsehood resembles truth otherwise people would not fall into it. And all false religions have pieces of the truth because the source of knowledge is one. Falsehood always imitates truth just as evil always imitates good. There is but a fine line between them.
Iblis and Imam Al-Hussain both say: “Freedom is our religion.” You have likely heard the devil’s creed before: “Do as thou will shall be the whole of the law.” And what does that mean? It means that the human being is free to satisfy his every desire.
Iblis calls for freedom to enjoy all the money and food and lust this world has to offer. Freedom not to bow to any man but himself. Freedom to reject the proof of God.
Imam Al-Hussain (pbuh) is saying that God also wants freedom for humanity - freedom from the tyrant, freedom from evil, freedom from the body and the ego, freedom from all that is bad and finite. Freedom from the darkness of this world.
The cardinal rule of this world is free will. The choice to believe or not to believe lies in the hands of each individual. In fact, the Holy Quran states: “There shall be no compulsion in [acceptance of] the religion. The right course has become clear from the wrong. So whoever disbelieves in Taghut and believes in Allah has grasped the most trustworthy handhold with no break in it. And Allah is Hearing and Knowing.” (Holy Quran 2:256)
- That’s not to say, it is an easy choice. It is nothing less than a war, and it rages within each of us. Prophet Muhammed (pbuhahf) once said: Verily, Satan flows through the human being like the flowing of blood.” Ṣaḥīḥ Muslim 2174. He is always with you, whispering in your ear, offering the comforts and pleasures of this world. He knows your secrets and desires, and be sure that if you have a weakness we will play on it as he tries to entice you. He may offer you the world, but the world is all he has to offer. Consider God’s parting words to Iblis, when he was banished from Paradise: “Go thy way; if any of them follow thee, verily Hell will be the recompense of you (all) – an ample recompense. And arouse those whom thou canst among them, with thy (seductive) voice; make assaults on them with thy cavalry and thy infantry; mutually share with them wealth and children; and make promises to them. But Satan promises them nothing but deceit. (Holy Quran 17: 63–64)
The Returned - Season one - Episode 13 "Synchronicity - The Language of God"
This episode states:
- Imam Ahmed Al-Hassan (pbuh) has revealed that synchronicity is the language of God.
- Synchronicity is the language of God but that doesn’t mean he is the only one who can speak it. Just like someone can learn how to speak a foreign language, the devil knows how to copy God’s method of communication, and can also speak to you on the tongue of others.
- Prophet Muhammed (pbuhahf) said: “Good dreams come from Allah, and (bad) dreams come from Shaytan.” (Muslim, 5862).
- The body was created by Shaytan, and it is Shaytan. Therefore the Devil always tries to control us through base desires and also does his best to enhance those urges through subliminal programming as we see it in the media.
- But the soul can overpower the body, and the human can be perfectly connected to God. Just like prophet Job remained grateful to God no matter with what wordly and bodily afflictions the devil tortured him.
- Look around at the world today. Doesn’t it look like the devil’s kingdom? He is quite comfortable here, right about now.
- But the Devil knows, that the End Times, the times of the Qaim are the time in which God promised him death.
The Returned - Season one - Episode 14 "Without Love There Would Be No Life"
This episode states:
- Imam Ali (pbuh) compared life to the shadow of a cloud, the dream of a sleeper. Life feels like it lasts for years and years, and yet, according to the Quran, on the day of judgement, it will seem more like the length of a night’s rest. Imam Ali (pbuh) confirmed this when he said: “People are asleep when they die they will wake up” (Tabaqatush Shafi’iyyah, vol. 6 pg. 357.)
- The soul returns for rounds and rounds and rounds. And in each of these rounds you had a mother, a father, a husband or a wife, and children. And in each of these lifetimes, it felt real just like it feels real to you right now.
- Love is not of this world, but some people can experience it here. Imam Ahmed Al Hassan (pbuh) said, however, the love we feel here is entirely separate from the body. Imam Ahmed al Hassan (pbuh) said: true love comes from a higher place. It comes from the soul.
- Love is inseparable from the religion of God. Prophet Jesus (pbuh) once said: “A new commandment I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so also you must love one another. By this all men will know that you are My disciples...” (John 13:34-35)
- True love is selfless.
- If true love comes from the soul rather than the body, it means love comes only from God. And this is the love which the prophets and messengers taught to spread in the world. This is why Aba Abdillah (pbuh) said the Ahlul Bayt (pbut) consider love of the family a matter of the hereafter. He said: “Indeed We love dunya... I marry from it, make pilgrimage, spend on my children, support my brothers and give alms...This is not from the dunya, this is from the hereafter” (Bihar Al-Anwar volume 70 page 106.) Pure love is from the next world because it comes from the soul.
- The body is not made to live forever and from the moment of birth, life is just a race against time. Now, we can finally identify the underlying cause of this world’s flaw. A creation always reflects its creator. You can learn a lot about an artist simply by viewing his work. And this world is the work of the devil. His limitations are reflected in the finite nature of all thing.
- But God, who is the most merciful, wants us to be infinitely happy. But, in order for us to be happy, we must break free from attachment to this world because it only leads to heartbreak.
- In the world of light, ugliness does not even exist and the beauty of the least radiant person there is a million times greater than that of the most beautiful person here. And beauty, in the world of light, corresponds to faith. Everyone knows the rank of everyone else by their beauty. The more faith a person has, the more beautiful their light becomes.
- Likewise, certain things exist there but not here like love and family. We don’t necessarily get them in this life, at least not the real version. Your true family, the soul family, is waiting for you in the next world. And, in that world, you will never lose them.
- True love has a magnetic pull and sometimes members of the soul family reincarnate together in this world as members of the same physical family. This applies to romantic partners as well. Many people spend whole their lives in search of their one true love. They do not want to settle for anything less. Imagine a person who knows what’s on your mind and what’s in your heart without you even saying a word; someone who understands you like no-one else. But does this exist for everyone? The Holy Quran states: “And of all things We created two mates; perhaps you will remember.” (Holy Quran 51:49) It is true that every soul has a mate. And soul mates live together in the world of light, in eternal bliss. Sometimes love draws soul mates together in this world. In fact, you incarnate with your soulmate during your last round in this world.
- People chase after a fairy tale ending in this life, but contentment is hard to come by. Have you ever noticed, how difficult it is to be happy in this world? Prophet Muhammed (pbuhahf) said: “If there were for the son of Adam a valley full of riches, he would long to possess another one like it. and Ibn Adam does not feel satiated but with dust.” Sahih Muslim Book 005, Number 2285: s1413. The human being is never satisfied with what he has. As soon as he attains one thing, he wants something else. Like a person drinking seawater, cup after cup, and it only makes him more thirsty. It seems as if the human being has an infinite hole inside, which he is always trying to fill, but nothing in this world can suffice because the infinite can only be filled by the infinite. And, in the infinite world, the world which God created, everyone is in a constant state of contentment.
- It makes perfect sense why Prophet Muhammed (pbuhahf) said: “The world is a prison for the believer and a paradise for the disbeliever.” Sahih Muslim 2956. The believing soul hates to be imprisoned in the shaytanic body. No.3.) In fact, every single one of the prophets and messengers taught to reject this world, own nothing, and be attached to nothing, including your life. Imam Ahmed Al-Hassan (pbuh) said: “I didn’t find death fleeing except from those who request it, and I found it vigorously requesting those who flee from it.” (Sermon of Hajj) Whoever is attached to his worldly life will surely lose it, but death will never affect the person who does not fear it. If this world is all you have, it is a lot like being trapped in a bad dream or a horror movie. And there is only one way out.
- Without a soul, the body functions like an animal. An animals lives in constant fear of being killed because this life is all it has. So survival is the number one priority. They put themselves first and even sacrifice others so that they might live. It is the animal instinct and human nature is not so different. In fact, people who fail to fight their animalistic nature are punished in a fitting way. Those who behave like animals reincarnate as animals.
- Prophet Muhammed (pbuhahf) said: "The Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “No one who enters Paradise will like to return to the world, even if he could have everything on earth, except for the martyr. He will wish to return to the world and be killed ten more times, due to what he sees of dignity.” Ṣaḥīḥ Muslim 1877.
- Satan and his children were sent to the world in human form. This event kickstarted the war between good and evil here on earth. The children of Adam and the children of Satan inevitably mixed with each other. The body is made to feel affection for its relatives, and this is where things get tricky. Perhaps, in one life, your family members are believers but in another life you are surrounded by the children of Satan. In this world, you don’t know who is an enemy and who is a friend. Not only is the body the handiwork of the devil, but on top of that, the majority of the people wearing these suits of the body are, in fact, the devil’s children. Only a tiny fraction of the people in this world are truly good. That means, we are surrounded by the adversary at all all times. And odds are, some of the people who you have known, been close to in your life, maybe even people you have been intimate with are the children of Satan.
- Maybe now you will heed the words of God: “Let not then this present life deceive you”... (Holy Quran 35:5).
The Returned - Season one - Episode 15 "Iblis in the Flesh"
This episode states:
- The Believer cannot be distinguished from the Disbeliever as far as their Incarnated forms, meaning their Bodies they are wearing (human bodies). And so when they were installed, and the sons of Adam did not know they were from the Seed of Iblis, they had thought they were rather like themselves...” Al Haft Al Shareef, Door 10
- Since the very beginning, the devil has come to this world, introducing one sinful action after another.
- Imam Ali (pbuh) said, ‘Jealousy is the spirit’s imprisonment.’- Ghurar al-Hikam, no. 372
- Jealousy, along with all the other negative emotions we experience, come from the body itself, which he designed. And he plays on these weaknesses much as possible.
- He, who made the body, knows both how it works and what it needs. This knowledge empowers him against us. He knows that if we are deprived of certain things, we will suffer. Conversely, he can use an excess of worldly things to distract us.
- This world reflects Satan’s ideals. As we have said before, the devil claims his religion to be freedom - freedom to do as thou wilt. He loves to see people commit impermissible acts. It would be a great victory for him if a righteous person were to act without God’s permission.
- All of the prophets and messengers that we revere have likely come face to face with the devil.
- Look around you and you will see a world, in which most people have forgotten about God. Loss of religion is a major sign of the end times and it is not by coincidence but by design. In every age, Iblis has pushed this agenda and it has, now, reached its peak.
- Imam Mahdi is a man who looks like any other man. His greatest adversary is no different. The devil, at this very moment, appears as an ordinary man.
The Returned - Season one - Episode 18 "Satan and the Secret Gospels"
This episode states:
- The prophets and messengers were always enforced with divine knowledge, but not all of it was revealed to the world. Often-times, a man of God would teach certain things only to his inner circle, leaving some gap between the religion, which is known to the greater public and the secret teachings, because most people cannot handle the truth.
- There was a group of early Christians who knew the secret teachings of Jesus. They knew hidden truths about the soul. They believed in reincarnation. They read the books of the Hebrew Bible along with the mystical teachings of Plato and Hermes. But this group of early Christians, known as the gnostics,
- Jesus spoke of the “Spirit of Truth,” a man who would reveal hidden matters. This matches the description of the Riser from the family of Muhammad. According to narration, he will reveal knowledge, which will be “difficult upon the Arabs” (Bihar alAnwar v52 p354.) and heavy for the disbelievers. Imam Al-Sadiq (pbuh) said, "when our (Riser) rises he shall call people anew to Islam and shall guide them to the things that were annihilated and from which people had turned away. He is called Mahdi because he will guide people to the thing from which they have been separated. He is called (The Riser) because of his rise for the truth." (Bihar al-Anwar, v51, p30, hadith 7).
- The gnostics taught that humanity has been trapped in a dualistic struggle from the very beginning. The so-called creator of this world, according to the gnostic gospels, is not the true Heavenly Father, which Jesus referred to in the New Testament. The creator of this visible realm is known by several names including the name Yaldabaoth.
- In the Gospel of the Secret Supper, a similar story appears only this time Yaldebaoth, the imposter god, is called by a more familiar name - Satan.
- Satan did not start out malicious, rather he was an angel. But, as the gospel states, he filled his heart with malice and jealousy over this world, which he considered to be his own creation.
- Just as Prophet Mani (pbuh) taught, the gnostics also believed in spiritual world separate from the physical realm. The spiritual world is made of light like God, himself.
- There are 2 separate worlds, One world of perfect light, which emanates souls in the likeness of perfection. And another world - one, in which, souls are imprisoned in imperfect bodies and cannot remember their origin in the world of light. Are we really in two places at once? Or is our consciousness trapped in an illusion? The gnostics believed that this world is, in fact, lifeless. So, by logic, we must assume that the living reside somewhere else. The journey towards one’s purpose begins with this realisation. The body, the world, and the material creation is darkness. And those who have souls, must try to awaken them, to remember, to recapture the light. The light of the soul, must overpower the darkness of the body or the ego.
- In this world, deception runs deep. After all, this is the devil’s world and this is his strong suit. Satan has tried his best to convince us that he is divine. Perhaps you might think to yourself, “He can’t deceive me.” But when you think about it, hasn’t he already succeeded? Don’t most people believe that the creator of this world is God? Hasn’t he tricked people into associating him with the Almighty? Even so, Jesus taught that, without God’s power behind him, the devil is nothing.
- Satan, as a punishment, was made to wear the human body, which he, himself, fashioned.
- The Gospel of Judas states that Satan has a “span of life assigned him,” and, as we have already revealed, that lifespan is just about up.
The Returned - Season one - Episode 19 "The Soldiers of Ignorance"
This episode states:
- We feel like we designed this world, society and its systems. We control it. We choose our leaders. If there is an issue, we voice our opinions. It appears that we, the people, run the world. But what if it were the other way around? What if the world were running us, instead?
- Abu ‘Abdallah said, "You, first, must recognise intelligence and its army and ignorance and its army only then you would find proper guidance."
- This narration describes the war within us. For the ignorance, which emerged from the salty dark ocean, is Shaytan. And we have within us, every single one of the soldiers of ignorance. This is our nature. And this world is entirely set up to control the Shaytan by strengthening, within him, the soldiers of ignorance.
- The body experiences life through the five senses - hearing, seeing, touching, and the tongue. These five senses form the self or ego. It then divides into two opposing sides - the good and the wicked. Only one of them can dominate, it all depends on what the ego is fed. And if the wicked self takes over, the person becomes like the walking dead. Imam Ali (pbuh) said: “... Loss of intelligence is loss of life. A person without intelligence can be compared with no other thing but the dead." Kitab Al Kafi H 30, Ch. 1, h 30
- Everyone in this world is subject to the government. And the governmental systems around the world have adapted to suit the people and the state of the world. Today, democracy is the most common political system in the world but just a few hundred years ago, the world was run by king, absolutist powers, the elite. Do you really believe they would hand over the keys to the kingdom to the general public, just like that? The powerful elite did not just disappear, they went behind the scenes. On election day, people go to the voting booth to cast their ballots. Say, you are given a choice between two of candidates. Ask yourself - who are they working for? If you could peel behind the curtain, you would see two puppets controlled by the same puppet master. They tell us, our leaders are freely elected but it is in illusion. This system is a prison with invisible bars. But it appeals to our nature.
- Imam Al Sadiq (pbuh) said that Supremacy is a soldier of ignorance and it opposite is Subservience. The ego, like its creator, does not want to bow before another. He want’s to believe that he chose the person in power, that he has the power to enact change. People want to act as their own Imam, not to obey the will of God and this is what devil also wants.
- Along with the freedom to choose our governments, comes freedom of religion. In western nations, people are free to practice any religion they desire but there is a catch. Imam Al Sadiq (pbuh) listed Refusal as the soldier of ignorance which opposes Professing. And the law, which enables freedom of religion, actually enforces its refusal. The United States constitution declares: "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof.” Meaning, the government cannot instate religion, religion cannot influence the government and the two entities must remain entirely separate. But the separation of church and state has consequences. Secularism is a must in today’s world and for the sake of equality, if you allow a Christian statue to be built in a public venue, you must also allow a Satanic statue. For, in the eyes of the law, all religions are equal.
- The justice system doesn’t stand for true criminal justice, but only the idea of justice.
- capitalism and religion cannot coexist because this system defies the values taught by the prophets and messengers who taught the people to share, to be generous, and to rely on God.
- Watching TV puts the viewer into a highly susceptible sleep-like hypnotic state. As the screen flickers, your brain waves lower into an Alpha state, a state of mind, normally associated with meditation or deep relaxation. In a hypnotic state, information downloads directly to the subconscious mind, where it alters existing beliefs and form new beliefs, while you are completely unaware of it.
- but media is an industry like any other. Consider the fact that six corporation control 90% of what you hear, read, and watch in the media. It’s no wonder, then, that the press sticks to the script they are given.In the 1950s, the US government started Operation Mockingbird, which recruited journalists the push the CIA’s version of “news.” In other words, the media became a propaganda machine. It is Psy Ops, psychological warfare, and society is caught in the crosshairs. And it is thriving, to this day. In fact, it is more now powerful than ever before. What pops up on your social media feed is often tailored specifically for you, using the information which you posted.
- Satan was banished to the earth and he promised: “I will mislead them, and I will create in them false desires...” (Quran 4:119). Imam Jafar Al Sadiq (pbuh) said desire is from ignorance, and it is the opponent of Wisdom. We are so easily led by our desires.
- More than any time in history, the system of this world is pushing humanity towards darkness. We are backwards while we think we are forwards. We are trapped while we think we are free. And we are ignorant while we think we are intelligent. Within each individual, the battle between good and evil, rages on. The army of ignorance is at war with the army of intelligence. And this is the battle between the two sides of the ego or self.
- Imam Al Sadiq (pbuh) said: “No one other than a prophet or his successor or a true believer the strength of whose faith Allah has already tested can have the whole army of intelligence with all such characteristics. However, some of our followers and friends may acquire some of such characteristics so that they may reach perfection and repulse the army of ignorance and purify themselves from evil. In such case they also will step at the high degree and level of the prophets and the successors of the prophets. This progress can only be made after knowing, with certainty, intelligence and its army and ignorance and its army. May Allah provide us and you the opportunity to obey Him and work to please Him.” Kitab Al Kafi H 14, Ch. 1, h 14
- Every moment is a choice between intelligence and ignorance. So ask yourself: who do you want to be? A soldier of light or a soldier of darkness?